Wednesday, December 30, 2015

When a cold wind blows, it chills you...

11/29/15

안녕하세요, 여러분!

Yes, it actually got a little cold this week.  I actually had to wear... gloves!!!  Wow!  But, today, we are going hiking up a small "mountain", and I'm wearing just shorts and a t-shirt, just like old times.  Fun, fun, fun!  

Nowadays, Elder Jarrett is just about dead.  When missionaries die, that means they go home.  He is going home pretty soon.  He only has until next week, on December 11th, then he's gone forever.  ㅠ  ㅠ  I'm going to miss him a whole lot.  On Tuesday, our zone and another zone all went to the temple, where Elder Jarrett gave his 마지막 말씀 (final speech).  I didn't actually cry, like I thought I might, but it was pretty heartbreaking. 
Sister Lenhart, Sister Lynn, Elder Jarrett, Me, and Elder Carmen

And then, the day got pretty fun.  The mission leadership had a meeting, and I didn't need to go, so I got to go on splits with Elder Paulsen.  For those of you who don't know Elder Paulsen, he's a pretty silly guy.  He was in the MTC at the same time as I was, just coming in a transfer later.  So, there we were, two greenies, out to conquer Korea on our own.  Just kidding, we just 전도ed the whole time.  But it was pretty fun, because neither of us really know Korean at all yet, so it was pretty interesting.  We met one guy who just talked our ears off about the difference between Korea and America, and how everyone's busy in Korea, and a whole bunch of stuff that I really don't know at all.  Then, we had to go meet the other leadership people at a subway station, and our day was over.
With Elder Paulsen

On Wednesday, we had district meeting.  It was for missionary work during Christmas, so Elder Jarrett and I went all out, and got a tree and lights from the basement, and we had the Sisters draw pictures on the board.  It was pretty fun.  Elder Jarrett and I wore matching Christmas ties, which was pretty cute.  Then, we went on exchanges with the zone leaders.  I stayed in 화양 with Elder Lundberg.  He is the trunkiest person I have ever met in my life.  He is so ready to go home.  But, with him, I finished my studies, and went to English class.  Then, on Thursday, we had to exchange back early, because the zone leaders had a 식사 that they had to go to, so we switched back at 1.  So, Elder Lundberg and I said to each other, "It was fun to do studies with you!"  That is, besides English class, the only thing we did together.  Then, for Thanksgiving, Elder Jarrett and I, with the other Elders, went to a meat buffet.  Also, on Thursday, our ward mission leader had me give Elder Jarrett a priesthood blessing.  It was a cool experience.  It felt a little backwards, because, since he's my trainer, he's sometimes called my father, and I'm his son, but I was giving him a blessing, so it seemed backwards.  But it was cool.  Then, it was Friday, and nothing happened besides weekly planning.  

Then, on Saturday, we had English class, and then a ward activity that we had planned.  We had the members bring food for snacks, and we all watched Ephraim's Rescue together with Korean subtitles.  I would label it a success.  Pretty much everyone there was crying, and Korean people really don't ever cry.  It was impressive.  It was a cool thing to do for them.  They all really liked it.  Then it was Sunday.  I was really tired.  It was the primary program yesterday, and it was really cute.  But, I was so tired, that I actually fell asleep for about ten seconds, before a member woke me up.  And then, in gospel principles, we talked about eternal marriage.  That was fun...  It was all missionaries, except for one recent convert.  It was kind of awkward.  

Yep, that's the week that I had.  Thank you all for supporting me and all that stuff!!

사랑합니다!

Elder Tyler Conley

No comments:

Post a Comment