Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Three P-Days!!

10/11/15

오!  안녕하세요 여러분!

It has been yet another exciting week.  I probably say that every week, but that's okay, because every one of them is exciting.  This one is special though, because we got to watch General Conference for the last two days.  It was pretty awesome.  I wish I could say that I perfectly remember it all.  But, that is not true.  I remember almost nothing from conference, and it has been not even 24 hours since I watched it.  I did take notes this time, so hopefully I remember a little bit.  I do remember where Sister Neill Marriott says, "I'm from the deep South." :)  All jokes aside, I really enjoyed this conference.  I personally thought that one thing that was extremely emphasized was mothers in the church.  It just so happens that my mom's birthday was on Friday, so it all fit perfectly.  I have the best mom in the world.  

I went on another exchange this week, but this time it was with Elder Carmen.  He's a lot more reserved than Elder Jarrett, but I still really like him.  I was also able to pass off the second lesson in Korean yesterday, after conference.  

Last P-day, I was able to travel to 동대문 (Dong Dae Moon), which is the area right next to ours.  We went to the most amazing tie shop that I have ever seen in my life, and got four amazing ties for less than $15.  We also went to the 목욕탕, which is the Korean-style public bathhouse.  That is all I am really going to say about it.  I will say that it was very soothing, and it relieves stress so well.  

I will finish by talking about our investigator, Mike, a.k.a 김용일.  He is a really great person.  He is however feeling a lot of 부담/pressure from his mother.  His mother is a super devout Catholic with Parkinson's.  He feels that he has to go with her to church every Sunday.  So, we are not being quite so blunt with him, because we want to maintain the trust that we have with him.  So he will be in my prayers so that this whole situation can work out.  

That's all, folks!

사강해요!
Elder Conley
New ties!

No comments:

Post a Comment