Saturday, August 29, 2015

The routine and the guilt trip :)

07/30/15

First off, I'm going to answer Tate's question that he sent in the mail:  My companion's name is Elder Polley.  He is from Las Vegas, loves Smash Bros., and marched trombone in the marching band for four years.  That's mostly why I said he's basically the same person as me.  Usually in the MTC, we wake up at 6:30, except on Saturdays.  We go to gym time, where we usually play volleyball, either indoor or sand.  We then get ready and have breakfast, then go to 4 hours of studying, which include personal, companion, language, and extra time that we can spend on whatever we want.  We then go to lunch.  After that, we have class time until dinner, then more class time until bed.  My teachers are so awesome!  Well, right now, we are switching teachers up a little bit, because we are getting some more, and one is going on a vacation.  The one that's mostly teaching us right now is Brother Sung.  He's a really funny person.  He speaks way more English than the American teachers, and he's Korean.  I think that that's kind of funny.  I know that he totally cares about us, almost as much as his family.  I'm not really feeling neglected right now, although I wouldn't mind you sending some treats ;).  A lot of the other Elders in my residence hall get a bunch of treats from their parents.  Elder Littlefield actually got two packages each week for the last two weeks, so whenever that happens, we always say that it's Christmas.  Also, if you could send me some more normal socks, that would be much appreciated.  They don't even let us listen to music in the MTC, so that is not necessary.  I'm really enjoying my time here, and I'm grateful for the chance I get to serve in the Lord's name.  Thank you for your support!

With love, 
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment