Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town!!~~^^

12/25/16

안녕하세요, 여러분! 

This was a pretty exciting week!  My subject line this week does not leave a lot of guessing, does it?  Santa Claus totally came to town this weekend, but he missed his cue the first time!  That was embarrassing.  I was sitting in a different room, waiting for Elder Benson to come tell me when we were starting our performance, but then, I heard our song going, way past the time I was supposed to come in.  Yeah...  It was pretty fun.  I'll attach the video of it, because this explanation is very poor.  The Christmas party was pretty great.  I love 신당 ward!  They know how to throw a great party!  We had dinner beforehand, and there were many people who were nonmembers that came to our party!  It was pretty great!  

The missionaries performed again on Sunday, and luckily that went well enough.  I was very very worried about it, because of the music that we had chosen to perform, and the fact that it was slightly difficult made a lot of the missionaries in our district discouraged, but luckily through much trial and practice and by the grace of God it became well.  휴우...

As for exciting spiritual news this week, we were able to meet with two of our investigators.  이의수 is the first one.  He was fun to meet with.  He has lots of questions regarding the gospel and our beliefs, and his heart is continually getting softer and softer to accepting our message.  We had a really good lesson with him this week.  Then, on Friday, we met with 임한상.  He went really well this week.  We talked with him about baptism and the Holy Ghost after following up with his repentance, since that was the commitment we gave to him last time.  Now, he has said that he would like to get baptized as soon as he finishes reading the Book of Mormon!  He said that he would be able to do that by the end of January, so that's our goal now for helping him to come unto his Savior by baptism!

This week has been a really good week.  The will of God will never be undone.  One of my favorite scriptures that I found recently, at my last temple visit, was D&C 121:33, which talks about God's omnipotence and how he will always continue to bless us with knowledge.  It is a really wonderful blessing, and something that I have learned on my mission is that all things will be for our benefit.  We can learn at all times, through thick and thin, through the best of times, through the worst of times!  I love this gospel and how much it can bless this world.  It is truly the happiest thing that we can obtain in this life, and sharing it as a missionary and seeing others' eyes be filled with the light that it brings brings such sweet joy to my soul!

Love you all!  Have a great week!
Elder Tyler Conley

 Ho Ho Ho!!
The sisters in our district (Sister Engerbretssen(?) and Sister 이지수) and 이지열b, our Ward missionary leader and his family, and 강병근b and 황문영s 

Do you wanna build a snowman?
Tyler gave Brett a pair of "old lady" pants for Christmas. He said they're so comfy and that he has a couple pairs. Then he sent us this picture with the following email: "Here is the picture of destiny.  While we were making 김치, President Sonksen walked up to me and said, 'I don't know about those pants!  Not that, but I just don't know if I would be caught dead wearing them.'  So I told them of their extreme stylishness and how we needed a picture."

No comments:

Post a Comment