Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Initiate Training Sequence

12/18/16

안녕하세요, 여러분!  

This has been a pretty fun week!  We did some fun stuff this week!  On Tuesday, being the day before transfers, we did some Hot Chocolate proselyting!  That means we give people hot chocolate and talk to them about the gospel.  It was pretty fun, especially since it was pretty cold this week.  Funny story: last week, when I was a little bit sick, we had a day that was planned to be inside for pretty much the whole day, so I thought I was going to be fine with just a suit, because I'm me.  But, due to some unexpected occurrences, we ended up proselyting on the street for about two hours straight while it was getting dark outside, and it was freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing cold.  That is what we call 핵노잼 in Korea (Heck no jam)~ It was not very fun at all.  And that is why our hot chocolate 전도 went so well this time!  It brought back some good memories. ㅋㅋ 

And, now for the exciting news-- I have a new greenie now!  His name is Elder Martinez, and he is from the faraway land of Payson, Utah.  He's a pretty great guy.  Reminds me exactly of me when I was a greenie.  ㅋㅋ  He's really cute, but don't tell him that I said that. ^^  We have had some fun together.  We met this fantastic man on the subway with a guitar and the most stylish sunglasses you've ever seen, who played us some Black Sabbath, Queen, and some Stairway to Heaven!  That was a really fun little experience.  But, probably the best thing I've seen happen while we are together is the principle of what the Atonement can do for us.  I see him and I feel like there are some things that he will need to change, but then I remember that I was the exact same as him when I was a young warthog.  He's going to be an awesome missionary.  It all reminds me of a quote by President Russell M. Nelson, "Perfection doesn't come in this life, but in the next."  I know that to be true, but I also know that through the Atonement of Christ, that we can come to be perfected in him by following His gospel, and that as we follow him throughout our life, we can find a joy and happiness that exceeds all else.  I love you all!~~

Love,
Elder Tyler Conley

 Introducing Elder Martinez!!!!
A picture of us at family night (We played Pac-man-wokkawokkawokka)


No comments:

Post a Comment