Thursday, July 28, 2016

Miracles for Days!!!^^

07/17/16

안녕하세요, 여러분!

It has been a pretty awesome week.  We had a most excellent zone training from our wonderful zone leaders, Elder 이호현 (Yihohyeon) and Elder Dye, and Sister 김희라 (Gimhuira).  They taught us about many things, the most prominent being our calling as missionaries to teach repentance.  It was really awesome.  The most striking part to me was the ending of it, though.  They showed us a clip from a football movie (YEAH FOOTBALL!).  I actually have no idea what this movie was, so if someone recognizes it, good job!  The clip that was showed was introduced by having the star player of the team making a comment that he does not believe that their team can beat the rival team.  The coach has him come up and tells him to carry another player on his back and crawl on his hands and feet, and commits him to do the very best he can, while blindfolded.  The player says, "I can probably make it to the 40" or something like that.  They start, and the coach pumps him up so hard, and pushes him so hard, until he can finally not take one more step, and collapses.  The player starts whimpering, and the coach says, "Look, you're in the end-zone!"  This part really struck me because I have also been studying the "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" talk by Tad R. Callister.  I guess it just really struck me what "giving our all" actually means.  It means every single day, making so much sacrifice that there is absolutely no more to give when we come back home and make preparations for doing the same thing tomorrow.  This is kind of the setting for the miracles we saw this week.

1.  Eliot, our investigator, came to church!  This is his first time here.  Ever since I got here, he has not been in contact with us at all, and we thought he was ignoring us.  So, on Saturday, I was making calls, and I had the thought to call him, so I did, and he picked up!  He said he would come to church, even though he's never even seen me before.  Then, he woke up early and called us and came to church.  And liked it!!!!  It was pretty great.

2.  We were calling on Thursday, and I called this one guy who did not seem to have too much potential.  He picked up, and I told him we were the missionaries, and he was like, "Oh, yeah!  Actually, not this week because I'm busy but next, I was planning on coming to your church services" without me asking or anything.  So, we are calling him next week, and setting it up with him.  

3.  One of our members here came up to us at church and said, "I brought you all some phone cases with a special design that I made, so here you go!"  This one's just kind of funny.  It gives me a lot of hope for 일산 (Il-San) ward because when I first came here, the ward didn't seem all too friendly with the missionaries.  Now I understand that there are a number that are willing to help us, and through them we can really make this ward strong^^

Yep, we had a pretty awesome week this week.  Can't wait for the next one!!  Love you all

Love,
Elder Tyler Conley

 ^^
 Elder Skinner
 My area
Our squad



No comments:

Post a Comment