Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Mission Tour

06/19/16

안녕하세요, 사랑하는 여러분!

That's right, we had Mission Tour this week!  That was very exciting.  Elder Yamashita from the 70, who is in our Asia North Area Presidency, came to speak to us for a whole day!  He is so funny.  His wife taught us how to make lips out of origami! But, trust me, I learned other things that were slightly more important than that. ^^  He taught me a lot about my ministry as a missionary.  Through learning about that, I have discovered a lot about my own missionary purpose, which is to invite other people to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.  Probably one of the biggest truths that was made manifest to me is that, since we're not really in one place for long enough to help people we deal with go through the entirety of all 5 of those steps, but, as long as we help each person we meet progress in at least one of those steps, we are still accomplishing our purpose.  Learning this comforted me, just because, in Korea, people are, for the most part, rather reluctant to accept our message with haste.  

Another cool thing that I learned in personal study today is about Nephi in the book of Helaman receiving the sealing power.  God pretty much tells him that he can do anything that he wants to do, because God knows that he wasn't going to do anything that was contrary to His will.  That must have taken a lot of humility on Nephi's part, and as a missionary, a goal for me is to be able to achieve that kind of humility.  

That's all for now. Have a most excellent week!

Love,
Elder Tyler Conley

He sent a video!

 Street boarding
Elder Baird and I

No comments:

Post a Comment