Monday, June 13, 2016

Fun Week, Eh?

06/12/16

오!  안녕하세요, 여러분!

I have probably already used this subject line for a previous email, but I don't really know what I can call it, so I'm using it again.  That is not to say that it was a boring week by any means, we'll just call it a diverse one. ^^

First off, Bob read the Book of Mormon on his own this week!  That was definitely a miracle.  He has seemed really reluctant not to learn, but to actually apply what we are teaching him.  It was really great that he read, and so we will definitely keep praying for him in the future, and he'll be doing really well.  

Next, the highlight of my week.  We went up to the 원당 (Wondang) area of our area, with the intent of visiting a member all the way up there.  After much trials and tribulation (meaning it took us a nice long while to find their house), we found it, and sat in front of it to write a little note to him because we did not really have any time to share any sort of message with him.  While we were writing the note, he walked home from work and saw us on the front steps, and invited us in for a while, which we did.  He gave us a little snack, and he talked to us for a while, and we decided to share a short message anyway based off of 1 Nephi 3:7.  I shared a small testimony about how faith in Christ and the Spirit can really help us through hard times (this, in hindsight, was most definitely a prompting from the Spirit, because that didn't really relate with what we were talking about, and something I will convey shortly hereafter).  Then, we stood up to leave, and he gave us both a huge hug.  I would have never expected that from this certain member, so THAT was a huge miracle.  Then, we left, and had dinner with a different member. That night, I was thinking about the experience and pondering about it, when I realized that he had actually been super stressed when he had come home, and had most likely had a pretty hard day at work.   (That's why the Spirit gave that certain part of the message to me, I believe).  It was all pretty crazy.  The Spirit can truly cause the most marvelous things to happen.  

Have a good week, everybody!

Love,
Elder Tyler Conley

 We found goats!
 A cool thing regarding the city where I live
^^

No comments:

Post a Comment