Saturday, January 9, 2016

A Little Extra Something

01/09/16

I'm not sure when this happened, but I know it was in Tyler's first area.  A sister in our ward was doing a lesson about missionary work.  She sent an email to all the missionaries in our ward asking for an experience from their mission.  This is what he wrote to her, and then she gave it to me.  I don't remember him ever telling this story to us, so I'm posting it here.

"Last week, on an assignment from the ward we are serving in right now, we were searching for less active members or members who had recently moved in.  We went to a large apartment complex and the doorman there told us that the address we had didn't exist, but he took our card and promised to call us if the people we were looking for came to his building.  Then, unexpectedly, he invited us into his office.  It turns out he was a less active member of the Church.

This told me that we can't just give up after every little disappointment or roadblock that comes in our way.  We have to try to reach our objectives, especially the ones that God has given us."

No comments:

Post a Comment